Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Oracle 8.0.5 on RH 6.2 , Multiple instances problem
Oracle 8.0.5 on RH 6.2 , Multiple instances problem [message #66077] Mon, 05 November 2001 20:59 Go to next message
Rajesh Arukala
Hi All

Could Any one help me with my problem, I have successfully installed Oracle 8.0.5 on Redhat 6.2 Linux.
I have three instances(ora1,ora2,ora3) running as three different users (all of then belong to dba group).
and All the databases are mounted and open, now i started the listener controler LSNRCTL START, ( the listener.ora has all the correct information)and the listener said it has started the services ora1,ora2,ora3.
The Strange problem is if i start the LSNRCTL from the ora1 User, I could not access ora2 database, that is from a oracle client like sql plus when i try to access the ora2 database i get ORA_01034 Oracle Not avialble.
The Interesting thing is If i start the LSNRCTL from the ora2 user ora1 gives the same error.

Could any one who knows some thing about the problem please Help me

Thanks in advance
Rajesh Arukala

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Oracle 8.0.5 on RH 6.2 , Multiple instances problem [message #66087 is a reply to message #66077] Wed, 07 November 2001 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Timms
Simple, you need to have installed them all under the same user! That's what everyone else does, at least I can't say I've ever heard of anyone installing multiple copies of programs and databases under different users. The manuals sure don't recommend it. :)

Cheers, Ian

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Oracle 8.0.5 on RH 6.2 , Multiple instances problem [message #66754 is a reply to message #66077] Thu, 12 December 2002 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karthikeyan
hi ,
first you make sure the permissions of lsnrctl file is like this -rwsrwsr-x oracle:dba
if it not, then type chmod 6775 lsnrctl
then restart the listener....

bye
Re: Oracle 8.0.5 on RH 6.2 , Multiple instances problem [message #67008 is a reply to message #66087] Thu, 29 May 2003 03:25 Go to previous message
Rajesh Arukala
Thanks Ian & Karthikeyan,

The problem was definetely with the file permissions, but i dont know what files, I have replaced the permissions from by matching with previous server installation, most of them are executables.

Regards,
Rajesh Arukala.
Previous Topic: How to connect to one of servers(ops)?
Next Topic: ora -12560 tns adaptor error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 10:24:48 CDT 2024