Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » how to kill inactive sessions
how to kill inactive sessions [message #66209] Wed, 30 January 2002 12:08 Go to next message
RameshKumar Govindaraju
Why are Inactive Sessions Created ?
When I try using the SQLPlus or login into the DBAStudio I a new session is open and when I close these applications the session is removed releasing the OS resources.
But at the same time when I open a connection using the application and make a DB Call it opens a session and keeps it as INACTIVE, which doesnt release the OS resources there by pounding the Virtual memory and at one stage the NT server crashes due to lack of Virtual Memory.

The Settings I have in my server are
Listener (timeout=2)
session expire under sqlnet.ora as 2.

where else do i have to set additional settings.
But at the same time when I shutdown my application server all the sessions are reset there by releasing the resources.

please help me find a solution to fix the above mentioned problem

thanks in advance
RameshKumar Govindaraju
Re: how to kill inactive sessions [message #66271 is a reply to message #66209] Wed, 27 February 2002 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oracleORsql
I can think of the only effective way to solve your problem is to change your application:
everytime you make a connection, you close it. I have to guess that will become part of db-call routine in your app.
That's how I solved my problem
Re: how to kill inactive sessions [message #67323 is a reply to message #66271] Wed, 28 April 2004 23:55 Go to previous message
shundeep purushothaman
dear all,
to kill all the session in oracle
plz run the sql script given below it will give u all inactive sessions sid and serial no and copy and paste it in notpad save as "sql script (xxx.sql)"
and it will kill all inactive session.
------------------------------------------------------
sql script

SELECT 'ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION '||''''||sid ||','|| serial#||''''||' immediate;'
FROM v$session
WHERE status ='INACTIVE';

regards

shundeep purushothaman
Previous Topic: Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracl
Next Topic: TNS-03505: Falied to Resolve service Name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 12:33:58 CDT 2024