Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » BRING IT ON !!! All you Oracle Gods - Demi Gods
BRING IT ON !!! All you Oracle Gods - Demi Gods [message #66256] Wed, 20 February 2002 06:30 Go to next message
Jerry Dowdy
Here's the situation...

IIS 4, NT 4, Active Server Pages, Oracle 8i, Oracle 8, Oracle ODBC Driver..... all patches up to date...

I have to connect to 5 (yes count them) 5 oracle servers... One is an 8i running on NT 4 and is right next to the web server and I connect with a service name and all is well and I can retrieve data....

However, I am having a he## of a time connecting to the 4 remote servers... I am using a SID instead of a service name and I keep getting the infamous ORA-12154 error... But the funny thing is that when I run the same code on a different remote server all is well...

The TNSNAMES.ORA file is correctly configured ( IP's are correct, logins are correct, and SID value is correct )and I can connect to the four rebels with the web server via the Oracle ODBC Test, Net8 Assistant, and Net 8 Configuration Assistant... My gut instinct is telling me to shoot the box and torch what remains...
Re: BRING IT ON !!! All you Oracle Gods - Demi Gods [message #66257 is a reply to message #66256] Wed, 20 February 2002 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Balaji
Are all the 'rebel' boxes run NT or UNIX?.

If they are UNIX , then you simply need to
recompile executables 'lsnrctl' and 'tnslsnr'
on those boxes. You can find articles on
recompiling oracle executables in the metalink.

I am not much of a NT guy...

But you may want to look
into the registry entries for Oracle service.

Good luck
Balaji
Re: BRING IT ON !!! All you Oracle Gods - Demi Gods [message #66260 is a reply to message #66256] Wed, 20 February 2002 23:26 Go to previous message
Jerry Dowdy
Why would the same code run on another web server with the only difference is that is in on a Win 2K box?
Previous Topic: Multiple versions of client on NT?
Next Topic: Re: Aplicacion Cliente sin Net8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:49:12 CDT 2024