Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Error in configuration of Microsoft ODBC for Oracle
Error in configuration of Microsoft ODBC for Oracle [message #66542] Fri, 26 July 2002 20:57 Go to next message
Smita
Hi everone,
I am getting the following error while configuring the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle in win98.
"The oracle(tm) or networking components were not found.These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are a part of the Oracle version 7.3(or greater) client software installation. You will be unable to use this driver untill these components are installed"

I have tried configuring it after installing the oracle 7.3 components ,SQL *net components,but all in vain.

Please help urgently on this issue
Re: Error in configuration of Microsoft ODBC for Oracle [message #66545 is a reply to message #66542] Sun, 28 July 2002 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
u need setup DSN ( in order to use ODBC).
Use oracle ODBC drivers as mentioned.
Re: Error in configuration of Microsoft ODBC for Oracle [message #66547 is a reply to message #66542] Mon, 29 July 2002 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
SIR,

PLEASE INSTALL NEWER VERSION OF ORACLE.IT WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM(I.E ATLEAST INSTALL ORACLE 8 PERSONAL EDITION)

K.SREENIVASAN
Re: Error in configuration of Microsoft ODBC for Oracle [message #66557 is a reply to message #66542] Tue, 30 July 2002 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
You need to install the components. Download Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) and Data Components (DCOM) from Microsoft. I beleive u need both for 98. They also have to be done it the right order if you need both. You may only need MDAC not sure read the readme files.

Why not install the Oracle ODBC driver. Widows doesn't support all data types.
Re: Error in configuration of Microsoft ODBC for Oracle [message #66767 is a reply to message #66557] Thu, 02 January 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anne
Dear Grant

I had installed MDAC, DCOM and Oracle ODBC Drivers, but still same error as Smita encountered. Pls anybody
Re: Error in configuration of Microsoft ODBC for Oracle [message #67184 is a reply to message #66542] Wed, 21 January 2004 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vijay
I had the same problem earlier as anne
later i loaded oracle 8i personal edition
then i could create a dsn
but i had a new problem--"ODBC Connection to 'name' failed"
please help
Submit My Software Site=http:/www.Freepackage.com [message #67449 is a reply to message #66542] Thu, 29 July 2004 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nandkishor Arvind Dhekane
You understand what I say. Digital web radio is a internet base application. This is a new software. This technology is created by our company after 2 years. I research and found
Him. Actually radio is website. Technology is a part of our new technique. This technique is
A very popular on net.This is a base of Mp3. You will download radio your on PC.
Actually radio is a part of entertainment. So this concept is use in digital web radio.
This concept develop by our company. Friends I hope because this technology just open for
You. This technology base application CD-ROM just comming in market within 2 or 3 years.
So you just wait and watch.This is a xml based application.
You listen music without winamp,CD,Windo-Media and other dives. Because radio
Is jist come on net. This is a d-entertainment software package.

I Remove Error [message #67476 is a reply to message #66542] Mon, 16 August 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes.
Dear Smitaa,
You are listen.
My New Software.[[Wipro Radio System]]
You will add now.
http://www.Web-Radio.com
This is a long-run software.
Your'Friend,

Re: Error in configuration of Microsoft ODBC for Oracle [message #67500 is a reply to message #66542] Mon, 30 August 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sreejith Kumar P
hi,

add the path of ur oracle bin to ur path variable.
this may solve ur problem

rgds
Sreejith Kumar P

I am getting the following error while configuring the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle in win98.
"The oracle(tm) or networking components were not found.These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are a part of the Oracle version 7.3(or greater) client software installation. You will be unable to use this driver untill these components are installed"
Re: I Remove Error [message #67562 is a reply to message #67476] Sun, 10 October 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trushna
i can remove this error
please presee ctl+alt+del to begin
Mobile Audio System [message #67690 is a reply to message #67449] Mon, 10 January 2005 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sameer Dhamankar
http://www.S.Enterprises.com
New Advance Audio CD Software.
Sameer Dhamankar
Re: Submit My Software Site=http:/www.Deta-CD.com [message #67700 is a reply to message #67449] Wed, 19 January 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I develop Audio Deta-CD.
http://www.Deta-CD.com
[[Multimedia Presentation CD]].
[[Presentsoft]]=(Version=2005).
Software Developer: Nandkishor Arvind Dhekane..
Re: Error in configuration of Microsoft ODBC for Oracle [message #199413 is a reply to message #66542] Tue, 24 October 2006 02:48 Go to previous message
venkat_venkat
hello madam
I do not know ur details. sorry for disturbing u by sending the mail.I have also same problem like ur problem.If u know the solution please send to me.
Thanking u madam

with regards
venkat
Previous Topic: Remove System DSN related to Oracle
Next Topic: unable to start listener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 15:47:29 CDT 2024