Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » login/connection problem
login/connection problem [message #66594] Wed, 21 August 2002 10:53 Go to next message
Dave Webb
All,
We have two HP9000's that connect to a remote Oracle database. One client works, but the other does not - we get an ORA-3113 error. The TNS ping works, and the DBA has checked the TNS file for consistency. The remote side runs 7.x, the client that works runs 8.0x and the client that does not work runs 8.1x

I asked the DBA to verify that the case matched between the ORACLE_SID entry and its corresponding env variable. I took several Sniffer traces and saw that the client that does not work, fails in a consistent manner. The two sides exchange version information, and then they send what seems to be a list of special characters, numbers, and alpha characters. This cuases the client to issue a one byte data packet consisting only of a "!" character. This seems to cause the server to issue the FIN flag in TCP ino order to close the connection. Any ideas? Where might I look to research this further? Thanks!!

DW
Re: login/connection problem [message #66595 is a reply to message #66594] Wed, 21 August 2002 11:51 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
what is the exact error u encounter??
becuase we have come across similiar issues before(HP-9000- verion 11).
funniest find was, it is connecting the ORACLE_SID that is listed first in SID list.
workaround was to create connect strings with net 8 easy configuration assisten to create the connect string and tell exactly, whether the target database is 8i or of prior versions.
Previous Topic: EXTPROC exceptions
Next Topic: ERROR 12560 TNS : Protocol adapter error ::::::Newbie
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:19:54 CDT 2024