Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » running lsnrctl to start listener,but couldn't
running lsnrctl to start listener,but couldn't [message #66668] Wed, 09 October 2002 18:56 Go to next message
Lynn
I want to start my listener,firstly,i open program->administrative tools->services->start OracleOraHome81TNSListener manually,but fail.
then i run lsnrctl,and type "start"
show these message:
failed to start service,error 3
tns-12536:tns:operation would block
tns-12560:tns:protocol adapter error
tns_00506: operation would block
32-bit windows error:997:unknown error
what's wrong
Re: running lsnrctl to start listener,but couldn't [message #66671 is a reply to message #66668] Thu, 10 October 2002 05:23 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
1. first check if u can connect to the database locally, ( NOT FROM THE CLIENT).
   try 
   c:sqlplus username/password

2. Ensure that the LOCAL and TWO_TASK environment variable are not defined 
3. The database installation may have failed to make a registry entry for ORACLE_SID. 
   Try adding the string value ORACLE_SID and modifying its data to the proper sid name.
   Verify that ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID are entered into the registry properly 
   in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREORACLEHOMEx. 
   The bequeath adapter attempts to connect to the default ORACLE_SID in the default ORACLE_HOME. 

Previous Topic: Re: how to retrieve data from oracle8 database to distribute via LDAP server
Next Topic: Installing oracel client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:34:49 CDT 2024