Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » TNS:could not resolve service name
TNS:could not resolve service name [message #66764] Mon, 23 December 2002 21:17 Go to next message
chandana
hi all
when i try to connect to Oracle database through VB application i got above error message (TNS:could not resolve service name). but i can connect to database through SQL Plus with same service name. i installed all the component (NT service pack, MDAC 2.5 etc). but it didn't work. so what can i do to fix this problem. pls help me.
Regards
Chandana
Re: TNS:could not resolve service name [message #66765 is a reply to message #66764] Thu, 26 December 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
is there any IIS involved?
Re: TNS:could not resolve service name [message #66771 is a reply to message #66764] Sat, 04 January 2003 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
sir,

do the following in the client machine.
go to start->>run >> type REGEDIT

then it will open registry.
in that hkey_local_machine--software--oracle--

create a string value
name of the string LOCAL
string value your host string name

then press f5 and close it.

here after you need not put the host string in your application as well as sql plus.

then run the program.

another solution

use filedsn for this case to solve the problem.

k.sreenivasan
Re: TNS:could not resolve service name [message #66837 is a reply to message #66764] Wed, 29 January 2003 16:09 Go to previous message
Bev
Hi
I have tried the regedit method however, I still get the same result. I have installed forms 6i release 2 and trying to connect to a local database. Anymore ideas that I can try ?

Thanks
Previous Topic: TNSListner Problem
Next Topic: virtual circuits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:28:31 CDT 2024