Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Oracle Installation problem.
Oracle Installation problem. [message #66868] Tue, 18 February 2003 16:07 Go to next message
Kalpa
Oracle Installation problem.
Oracle version 8.0.6.0.0

I had oracle on my machine but since some of the components were not working the way they should, i decided to take ORACLE off my machine using - UNIVERSAL INSTALLER and going through the steps to remove oracle completely on an NT machine.

Now, i am trying to install it again. I installed discoverer first on my C drive and then i am installing Oracle on my D drive. I am installing the client version and then the programmer version. It works fine when i am installing, no problems or errors whatsoever. i can also configure the SQLNet from there, which shows configured successfully.

Then, i modify the TNS names and SQLNET.ora files so that it has the required settings.

After all this, i go to SQL*PLUS and try to connect and it comes back saying tns names cannot be resolved.

Any suggestions??
Thank you!
Re: Oracle Installation problem. [message #66870 is a reply to message #66868] Wed, 19 February 2003 06:09 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you mean to say..
there are two ORACLE_HOME in the same machine?
then are there two sql*plus too? ( i dont know about discoverere installation...whether it has any sql*plus by default)..
anyhow make sure u have the tnsentries in the right tnsnames.ora file u are using.
if u use the sql*plus from ORACLE_HOME1
then u need entries in ORACLE_HOME1/network/admn/tnsnames.ora.
if u are using SQLPLus from ORACLE_HOME2
THEN
ORACLE_HOME2/network/admn/tnsnames.ora
Previous Topic: OLAP
Next Topic: Listener for a remote database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 01:43:48 CDT 2024