Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Unable to connect to db using socks server
Unable to connect to db using socks server [message #67070] Tue, 26 August 2003 17:46 Go to next message
Amarnath
Hi,
We are able to connect to servers outside firewall using socks server. But, we could not configure net8 files to connect to db in these servers. The only way we have to connect to these servers is using socks server. So, pls help us how to configure in order to connect to the db.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Amarnath
Re: Unable to connect to db using socks server [message #67071 is a reply to message #67070] Tue, 26 August 2003 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amarnath
We are able to connect to servers using telnet tools like secureCRT, Absolute Telnet etc. but not able to connect to database on these external firewall servers using sqlplus net8 configuration. Help is highly required in this instance for us.
Thanks and Regards,
Amarnath
Re: Unable to connect to db using socks server [message #67072 is a reply to message #67071] Wed, 27 August 2003 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
is this a windows BOX?
if so
set this registry settting in the server and bounce the server (and db).
USE_SHARED_SOCKET = TRUE
try again.
if this is not helping you, there are some other things to ponder.

Re: Unable to connect to db using socks server [message #67073 is a reply to message #67072] Wed, 27 August 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amarnath
Hi,
I am sorry for not being clear in my query.
The db is running in oracle 9i in HP Ux 11i setup.
Pls let me know the workaround for this env to connect from windows client.
Regards,
Amarnath
Re: Unable to connect to db using socks server [message #67074 is a reply to message #67073] Wed, 27 August 2003 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
so,
what is the error message you are getting when u try to establish a tns connection?
please post the exact error message
unable to connect to db using socks server [message #67076 is a reply to message #67074] Wed, 27 August 2003 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amarnath
Hi,
The error message is very generic.
Tns could not resolve service name.
Because, we are not configuring any parameters to route the requests through socks server, i think we are facing problem for this reason.
So, pls let us know what to configure on server and client in order to use the socks server.
We are able to connect to server using socks connection by using telnet tools like AbsoluteTelnet and secureCRT.
Regards,
Amarnath
Re: unable to connect to db using socks server [message #67080 is a reply to message #67076] Thu, 28 August 2003 08:02 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
honestly,
i have not done anything like this before.
I beleive, u have make use of tnsnav.ora (ie, implement sqlnet proxy).
I dont have a similiar infrastructure. Else i am very curious to play around... 

Previous Topic: Unable to connect to db using socks server
Next Topic: Oracle8i Startup Database...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 11:16:13 CDT 2024