Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » how to automatically connect as sysdba
how to automatically connect as sysdba [message #67084] Wed, 17 September 2003 10:24 Go to next message
Ravi
I have an installation problem. I need to install an oracle product over oracle 9i database. when I start installation, it logs on in the backend as user 'sys' and tries to run the scripts. But the installer could not able to login as 'sys' and in installation log, it states that 'sys has to be connected as sysdba'. In the explicit SQL*PLUS it connects to the database when I give the command ' conn sys/pswd as sysdba' and without sysdba it is not connecting.
Could anybody know how to make the installer recognise sys as sysdba automatically and run the scripts?
Re: how to automatically connect as sysdba [message #67085 is a reply to message #67084] Thu, 18 September 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
i beleive it is not the issue with the oracle 'database'.
it is with 'your' product.
there should be an installer sql script that is called with your product. edit the script and add 'sys as sysdba' clause.
in 9i the sys user has to be logged in as sysdba.

Re: how to automatically connect as sysdba [message #67087 is a reply to message #67085] Thu, 18 September 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi
Hi
I dumped all installation scripts for the product and changed sys to sys as sysdba for all the scripts(about 20 scripts)and it worked. Do anybody know how to fix at high level so that I don't need to modify each script.

Thanks
Ravi
Re: how to automatically connect as sysdba [message #67088 is a reply to message #67085] Thu, 18 September 2003 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi
Hi
I dumped all installation scripts for the product to the hard disk and changed sys to sys as sysdba for all the scripts(about 20 scripts)and it worked. Do anybody know how to fix at high level so that I don't need to modify each script.

Thanks
Ravi
Re: how to automatically connect as sysdba [message #67092 is a reply to message #67088] Thu, 18 September 2003 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
as long as the scripts need "sys" user , there is no other way.
in 9i the "sys" user should be logged in as sysdba
Re: how to automatically connect as sysdba [message #67099 is a reply to message #67085] Fri, 26 September 2003 03:23 Go to previous message
Uwe
Hi,
only suggestion will be to call the vendor of that tool and tell him about to change the scripts.
rgds
Uwe
Previous Topic: listener
Next Topic: TNS:listener not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:11:11 CDT 2024