Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Connecting Oracle from MPE using SQL*NET
Connecting Oracle from MPE using SQL*NET [message #67134] Tue, 18 November 2003 02:01 Go to next message
Chidambaran.K.S
Hi,

We require some information on how can we connect to Oracle from MPE (HP3000).

Our Oracle reside in UNIX box (HP9000). Our Client is in MPE (HP3000). Our applications are in VPLUS and COBOL which resides in MPE. We need to read ORACLE from these codes. Is there any way, where I have any ODBC driver which helps to read oracle from MPE?

When I was going through the website related to this topic, I came across SQL*NET. Can you help me in knowing how SQL*NET can be used?

Regards,
Chidambaran
Re: Connecting Oracle from MPE using SQL*NET [message #67159 is a reply to message #67134] Tue, 06 January 2004 10:08 Go to previous message
David Allen
You have two choices:

1. You can use the Oracle Pre-compiler Pro*COBOL and use imbedded SQL Statements. This would been setting up ORACLE include files, adding the appropriate code to your program, run the source through the Pre-compiler, then compile the program as you do today and then add an Oracle supplied RL to the LINKing of your program.
2. Your other option is to use a 3rd party connectivity tool to access your Oracle Database. This may also be your only choice as the HP 3000/Oracle client only supports connectivity to an Oracle 7.3.4 or Oracle 8i database. I tried for a month to get our HP 3000 programs to talk to an Oracle 9i database without any success.

Hope this helps.
Previous Topic: CMAN-Not able to connect from win2k box
Next Topic: ORA-12154-Error while executing sql through database link
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:08:48 CDT 2024