Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Forms & Reports 6i for Windows NT refusing to connect to Personal Oracle 8i for Windows 2000!
Forms & Reports 6i for Windows NT refusing to connect to Personal Oracle 8i for Windows 2000! [message #67251] Tue, 09 March 2004 20:40 Go to next message
Gayatri
I feel dumb even asking this but I desperately need help.

I installed Personal Oracle 8i for WINDOWS 2000 in the D-drive of my home PC and then installed Oracle Forms & Reports 6i for WINDOWS NT in the C-drive. My OS is Windows 2000.

As expected, Forms and Reports refuse to connect to the Oracle database. I have tried everything to make it work and want to know if there's ANYTHING that can be done to achieve Forms & Reports connectivity.  I am unable to secure a CD that contains Forms & Reports 6i for Windows 2000.  Is this connectivity even possible?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Forms & Reports 6i for Windows NT refusing to connect to Personal Oracle 8i for Windows 2000 [message #67351 is a reply to message #67251] Fri, 28 May 2004 22:53 Go to previous message
Tak Tang
You can download a copy from

http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/forms/index.html

Get the latest patch too - currently at 13. I find D2KWUtil handy too - its on the same page.

Oh, by the way, you need to install software in ascending age order (ie oldest first) because they replace shared files in the windows system folder.

And you probably already know you need to install each to a seperate oracle home.

I have been running Forms 6i Patch 13 against an Oracle 9i database on W2K for some time now.

Takmeister
Previous Topic: 9i DB and Oracle7 client - will it work?
Next Topic: DEDICATED in tnsnames.ora - Security level
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 11:05:12 CDT 2024