Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » both Oracle client and Server on the same machine
both Oracle client and Server on the same machine [message #67308] Fri, 16 April 2004 13:31 Go to next message
Joe Cohen
I have a single Windows XP machine available for testing. I want the whole Oracle package on this one machine, i.e., the Server, the client, the databases, the listener,etc,,,the whole ball of wax. Do-able ? An outline of how ? Bless y'all.......Joe
Re: both Oracle client and Server on the same machine [message #67318 is a reply to message #67308] Wed, 28 April 2004 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Srinath
Hi:

You can have everything on single windows xp machine.

you can have your server,client,listener,database and whole like oem graphical tool....etc.

first you need to install oracle server which in tern will have sqlplus utility.

then create you database.

configure you listener. made neccessary modifications to your tnsnames ora.

open your sqlplus start up the db...and you can connect to the local machine using the alias

hope this helps,
thank you.
Srinath
Re: both Oracle client and Server on the same machine [message #67328 is a reply to message #67308] Wed, 05 May 2004 22:24 Go to previous message
Dayaram Prajapati
Name : Dayaram Prajapati
Subject :both Oracle client and Server on the same machine
plz give the reply for the following problem
Ora-12560 TNS Protocol adapter error when we give the user name and password as scott/tiger

in the form builder
conneting the file
it give ora-12154 tns service server error
Previous Topic: TNS-03505: Falied to Resolve service Name
Next Topic: ORA-12535
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 10:27:06 CDT 2024