Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » connecting to a remote oracle db by toad
connecting to a remote oracle db by toad [message #67741] Tue, 15 February 2005 04:01 Go to next message
Azer
hi,
for some days i am trying to connect a remote oracle db with toad. but i cannot connect to the db still. at first in toad's connection(toad 8 suite) window, there are two links which are SQLNET Editor and TNSNames Editor. and beside these links there are two red X sign. when i click to SQLNET Editor coming, then i close it. and when i click to TNSNames Editor link, a message box opens. its content is "tnsnames.ora does not exist for OraHome81". OraHome81 is a name of ORACLE_HOME which was given by Oracle perhaps. And it points to the ORACLE_HOME(d:OracleOra81) environment variable. and also i copied tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora to this path.
do you think that my problem is this? i mean is my problem about that toad cannot find tnsnames.ora. where must i put these files in Oracle folder for toad to find them?
i'll be glad if you can help me. i deal with these work for 2 or 3 day and i still solve.
thanks.
Re: connecting to a remote oracle db by toad [message #109620 is a reply to message #67741] Sun, 27 February 2005 05:47 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
You need to copy your sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora files to the ORACLE_HOME\network\admin directory.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: MS Excel SQL.REQUEST syntax to connect to Oracle
Next Topic: Idle Disconnection over IPSEC VPN
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 08:22:39 CDT 2024