Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Oralce installation.
Oralce installation. [message #67796] Thu, 21 March 2002 19:33 Go to next message
Cai Jun
Hi,everyone. I meet an very strange problem and need for your help when installing Oralce 8i.

I want to install Oralce8i on a new computer with Windows2000 professional + w2k + sp2. I don't install other softwares before the installation.After running autorun.exe, I can see a interface with the window title of Oralce8i Enterprise Edition - Autorun. There are three select options. I select the begein installation option. But after two or three seconds, the hour glass mouse pointer changes to arrorw pointer. Nothing happens. So I cannot install it.It seems that it is looking for something.But I can install it on the other computer with Windows2000+ sp1. I try to install windows2000 + sp1 on the new computer but still cannot install Oralce8i.What can I do now?

Thanks,
Re: Oralce installation. [message #67802 is a reply to message #67796] Thu, 28 March 2002 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cpchin
Is your computer a pentium 4? There are reported problem to install on this kind of computer.
Oracle OLEDB Driver [message #68043 is a reply to message #67796] Mon, 30 September 2002 23:28 Go to previous message
K.V.N.MuraliKrishna
when i want to install the Oracle8i OLEDB Driver on Pentium-IV processor machine, i was unable to even to open the setup.exe file. where as in the pentium-III processor machine its working fine. please send me the details about it.
Previous Topic: VTO-4400:no database has been discovered
Next Topic: job error: couldn't open "": no such file or directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:56:35 CDT 2024