Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » TNS-12560 Protocol Adapter Error
TNS-12560 Protocol Adapter Error [message #67904] Thu, 04 July 2002 07:58 Go to next message
Andy Williams
Hi,

please forgive if you seen this question many times before, but I'm at the end om my tether with a particular installation.

We have just built a new server running Windows 2000 Advanced Server. On it I have installed Oracle 8i EE release 3. Now the installation of the software has been ok, apart from trying to create a new database (the first!) using the Database Configuration Assistant. As soon as it tries to initialise the database, this error is raised. I've looked at all the corresponding documentation on the net about this particular error, done fresh installs of the software etc.. but I still can't get past it. I am assuming that someone has the answer. Any assistance is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy W
Re: TNS-12560 Protocol Adapter Error [message #67906 is a reply to message #67904] Thu, 04 July 2002 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
first try this.
Check in registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREORACLEHOMEx) to see if you have
a key named LOCAL. If so, delete it, then restart Database Configuration
Assistant.

if this not helping you, then
In $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/sqlnet.ora:
remove or comment out parameter SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS)
Re: TNS-12560 Protocol Adapter Error [message #67992 is a reply to message #67906] Sun, 01 September 2002 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suresh
Andy,

check if you have the ORACLE_SID environment variable to set to your database name.

Steps:
1. Go to command prompt
Start->Run-> "cmd".

2. set the Environment variable ORACLE_SID to your database name by typing the following in command prompt.

set ORACLE_SID = YOUR_DATABASE_NAME

Now try sqlplus or svrmgrl. From now on you would default to this database and you should be fine.

If still fails let me know.

Suresh
Re: TNS-12560 Protocol Adapter Error [message #68094 is a reply to message #67904] Thu, 31 October 2002 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick horne
I've had this problem, I installed oracle onto the D: drive, deinstalled, removed 'oracle' entries from the registry and reinstalled on the C: drive. Found that I could not start the listener with TNS-12560 & TNS-00530.

Eventually we located some entries in the registry that were pointing to the D: drive. So check your registry.
Re: TNS-12560 Protocol Adapter Error [message #68138 is a reply to message #67904] Tue, 03 December 2002 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
canton
can it be that you uses Terminal Serice Client?
It happens by using Terminal Serice Client. You have to access the machine directly.
Re: TNS-12560 Protocol Adapter Error [message #68165 is a reply to message #67904] Thu, 02 January 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Quirt
Andy asked me to post this:
Hi Tom,

our solution was not to use Terminal Services. The fix is to create the
database using the system console or use other remote connection software
such as PC duo, PC Anywhere, Remote Administrator or VNC.

Hope this helps.

Andy

PS Would you do me a favour and update the thread with the above.
Thx
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------
Andy Williams
Business Analyst
Re: TNS-12560 Protocol Adapter Error [message #68227 is a reply to message #67904] Fri, 07 February 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Davenport
I e-mailed Andy to see if he ever got round this
and he replied as follows:

"Our solution was not to use Terminal Services. The fix is to create the database using the system console or use other remote connection software such as PC duo, PC Anywhere, Remote Administrator or VNC."

Mark D
Re: TNS-12560 Protocol Adapter Error [message #68249 is a reply to message #67904] Wed, 19 February 2003 12:48 Go to previous message
Pauline Wang
I have already set Oracle_sid but still get the error in svrmgrl when issue:
connect internal

Will appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Pauline
Previous Topic: oracle + linux compatibility
Next Topic: oracle expert..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:12:30 CDT 2024