Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » VNI-2002 File Operation Error
VNI-2002 File Operation Error [message #67980] Thu, 15 August 2002 05:13 Go to next message
Amil Turkhia
Hi Everyone,

I am getting VNI-2002 File operation error when i am running jobs on one of my server. I used to successfully run jobs on this server. I have checked that this server has enought disk space. Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this problem I will appreciate it.

Thanks !

Amil Turkhia
Re: VNI-2002 File Operation Error [message #67981 is a reply to message #67980] Thu, 15 August 2002 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Makes sure that the agent can access the following files: job
queue, job status, job output, job input parameter file, or job
script file.
Verify that sufficient permission is granted to create
files in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent directory.
if, you are connecting from a client, drop the node
from the console and rediscover the node. and also
look for free space in intelligent agent host disk.

Re: VNI-2002 File Operation Error [message #68067 is a reply to message #67980] Mon, 14 October 2002 20:52 Go to previous message
Drikus Roux
I have the same error and have exhausted all possible avenues with regards to permissions on the NT box. I have done what Amil Turkhia suggested, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. I have created an NT user with log on as batch privileges and the appropriate Oracle roles. This user is the Node user in the preferred credentials and has access to the required NT folders, eg. $ORACLE_HOME/network and the temp folder. Nothing! Still get that blasted VNI-2002 error. It must be permissions - the Agent is cruising along fine - what can it be man?
Previous Topic: Install OEM on Windows 2000 Server
Next Topic: vni-2015
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:32:11 CDT 2024