Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Oracle 9i (release2) database and servlets (oc4j)
Oracle 9i (release2) database and servlets (oc4j) [message #68030] Fri, 20 September 2002 16:27
Gail
Hi
I have successfully installed Oracle 9i (R 2) on
Win 2K server. The HTTP server is running on port
7778. Now in ORACLE_HOME/

Group: Junior Member
Posted: Sep. 20 2002,13:08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi
I have successfully installed Oracle 9i (Release 2) of the Oracle database on a windows 2000 server. All went fine. The HTTP server is up and running on port 7778. However, I cannot do servlets. I have read that one has to use the oc4j.jar file and install it and all is fine then. Well inside the Oracle_Home I have the subdirectory j2eehome and it does contain the oc4j.jar file. However, I cannot install it. When I do:
java -jar oc4j.jar -install
I get a screenfull of errors starting with
java.lna.ClassNotFoundException:
oracle.dms.instrument.DMSConsole
then lots more errors then
unable to initialize DMA:orace.dms.instrument_stub.DMSCOnsole

Now there are tons of jar files and I just added some to the
CLASSPATH environment variable. But I got the same error message. I do not know where the class DMSCONSOLE might be.
Can you please help me?

(Note: on another win 2k server machine I had installed just Oracle 9i Application server - newest release. The install of oc4j worked perfectly. The directory structure seemed the same. I did not have to add anything to the CLASSPATH. )

So why am I having trouble when I install the entire database and try to install oc4j?

Thanks,
Gail
Previous Topic: Copying database using OEM
Next Topic: agent on client
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:00:24 CDT 2024