Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Oracle 9.2.0 OEM Performance manager!!!!
Oracle 9.2.0 OEM Performance manager!!!! [message #68456] Wed, 01 October 2003 13:27 Go to next message
sheela
Hello,
I was using OEM Performance Manager that comes witht the OEM console(Oracle 9.2.0) tools to check the performance of one of my databases.

I selected the 'Database Health Overview summary' chart.

I noticed that the 'database memory was in a critical red condition'- specially focussed red on the Library cache. So I increased the shared pool from 320MB to 512MB and also increaes the open_cursors from 300 to 900. I'm sure the shared_pool_size was set correctly because anymore increase in the shared pool causes more 'Shared pool %' to be free. Now the % of shared_pool free is about 17-20% on peak usage.
I even put in a 10% value of the total shared pool size to the shared pool resevere parameter. Still the condition is red. When I seek for advice on the manager it says 'check the total hard parse count' and 'similar sql statements'. Is there any other parameter I can tweak safely to make sure the library hit is lowered. I referred several doucments on this, and nothing helps.

Currently the buffer cache hit ratio is 99% or above
and Library cache hit is 93% or above and the condition is still red for library cache.

If you can e-mail me at 'indengr@yahoo.com' I can even send you the snapshot of the screen I'm looking at.

Thanks
tony
Re: Oracle 9.2.0 OEM Performance manager!!!! [message #68457 is a reply to message #68456] Wed, 01 October 2003 17:57 Go to previous message
sheela
Sorry, correction in a sentence:

Is there any other parameter I can tweak safely to make sure the library hit is higher than 98% and the status is green.
Previous Topic: Can't start OEM server on window 2000 server
Next Topic: Big Trouble!! Pls. Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:55:31 CDT 2024