Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Enterprise Manager Console does not start
Enterprise Manager Console does not start [message #68514] Fri, 16 January 2004 01:47 Go to next message
marcus
Hi,

I'm running an Oracle9i server on a Win2000 PC.

When I want to start the Enterprise Manager Console

there is no reaction and no error report. Only nothing

and no start.

There is also an IBM DB2 and a MySQL Database on the PC.

Someone mentioned that perhaps the problem is related to

the Java-VM

thanks for help

Marcus
Re: Enterprise Manager Console does not start [message #68515 is a reply to message #68514] Fri, 16 January 2004 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Hi,

The OEM Console on Windows is started from a DOS batch file that invokes the Java VM - the command is "%ORACLE_HOME%binoemapp.bat console". Try to edit this file to include some debugging info, or try to run the commands manually to see if they are working or not.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Enterprise Manager Console does not start [message #68516 is a reply to message #68515] Sun, 18 January 2004 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marcus
Hi,

I have run the commands manually but there was also no
success.
Below I have the content of the Path variable:

C:>path
PATH=C:WINNTMSSMSCOREBIN;D:Programmeoracleora92bin;C:ProgrammeOraclejre1.3.1bin;C:Programme
Clementine7.2BIN;C:WINNTsystem32;C:WINNT;C:WINNTSystem32Wbem;D:PROGRA~1IBMSQLLIBBIN;D:PROGRA~
IBMSQLLIBSAMPLESREPL;D:ProgrammeIBMDB2Extendersbin

and here is the content of the oemapp.bat file:

@echo off
REM #
REM # Copyright (c) 1998,1999,2000,2001, 2002 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
REM #
REM # PRODUCT
REM # Oracle Enterprise Manager, Version 9.2.0.0.0 Production
REM #
REM # FILENAME
REM # oemapp.bat
REM #
REM # DESCRIPTION
REM # This script is used to launch Applications of Oracle
REM # Enterprise Manager, Version 9
REM #
REM #

if "%1%" == "recursive" goto startScript

if Windows_NT == %OS% goto :ntSetup

command.com /p /e:8196 /c oemapp recursive %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
goto :end

:ntSetup

setlocal

:startScript

IF "%1%" == "trace" GOTO trace
IF "%1%" == "TRACE" GOTO trace
IF "%1%" == "debug" GOTO trace
IF "%1%" == "DEBUG" GOTO trace
GOTO start2

:trace
SHIFT
SET ORACLE_OEM_CLIENTTRACE=TRUE
SET TRACE= -DTRACING.LEVEL=2 -DTRACING.ENABLED=true

:start2
REM Make sure that our JRE is used for this invocation.
if Windows_NT == %OS% SET PATH=C:ProgrammeOraclejre1.1.8bin;%PATH%
if not Windows_NT == %OS% SET PATH="C:ProgrammeOraclejre1.1.8bin;%PATH%"

SET CLASSROOT=D:Programmeoracleora92/classes
SET JLIBROOT=D:Programmeoracleora92/jlib
SET NETJLIBROOT=D:Programmeoracleora92/network/jlib
SET OEMCLASSES=%JLIBROOT%/oembase-9_2_0.jar;%JLIBROOT%/oemtools-9_2_0.jar
SET BALICLASSES=%JLIBROOT%/swingall-1_1_1.jar;%JLIBROOT%/ewtcompat-3_3_15.jar;%JLIBROOT%/ewt3.jar;%JLIBROOT%/ewt3-nls.jar;%JLIBROOT%/share.jar;D:Programmeoracleora92sysmanjlibmaster.jar;D:Programmeoracleora92sysmanjlibmaster_de.jar
SET AURORACLASSES=D:Programmeoracleora92/lib/aurora_client.jar
SET HELPCLASSES=%JLIBROOT%/help3.jar;%JLIBROOT%/help3-nls.jar;%JLIBROOT%/oracle_ice5.jar
SET DBUICLASSES=%JLIBROOT%/dbui2.jar;%JLIBROOT%/dbui2-nls.jar
SET KODIAKCLASSES=%JLIBROOT%/kodiak.jar
SET JDBCCLASSES=D:Programmeoracleora92/jdbc/lib/classes111.zip;D:Programmeoracleora92/jdbc/lib/nls_charset11.zip
SET NETCHARTSCLASS=D:Programmeoracleora92/sysman/jlib/netchart360.jar
SET ORBCLASSES=D:Programmeoracleora92/lib/vbjorb.jar;D:Programmeoracleora92/lib/vbjapp.jar
SET SECURITYCLASSES=%JLIBROOT%/javax-ssl-1_1.jar;%JLIBROOT%/jssl-1_1.jar
SET OSDNETCLASSES=%JLIBROOT%/netcfg.jar;%JLIBROOT%/o3logon.jar;%JLIBROOT%/verifier.jar
SET OSDPKICLASSES=%JLIBROOT%/ewm-1_1.jar;%JLIBROOT%/ojpse_2_1_5.jar
SET NETMGRCLASSES=%NETJLIBROOT%/netmgrm.jar;%NETJLIBROOT%/netmgr.jar;D:Programmeoracleora92/network/tools
SET XMLCLASSES=D:Programmeoracleora92/lib/xmlparserv2.jar
SET OLAPCLASSES=%JLIBROOT%/cvd.zip;%JLIBROOT%/jndi.jar;%JLIBROOT%/jewt4.jar;%JLIBROOT%/jewt4-nls.jar
SET MISCCLASSES=D:Programmeoracleora92/assistants/jlib/assistantsCommon.jar;D:Programmeoracleora92/jlib/jle2.jar;D:Programmeoracleora92/jle2-nls.jar
SET QSMACLASSES=D:Programmeoracleora92/rdbms/jlib/qsma.jar

SET CLASSPATHADD=%CLASSROOT%;%OEMCLASSES%;%ORBCLASSES%;%BALICLASSES%;%HELPCLASSES%;%DBUICLASSES%;%JDBCCLASSES%;%KODIAKCLASSES%;%NETCHARTSCLASS%;%SECURITYCLASSES%;%OSDNETCLASSES%;%OSDPKICLASSES%;%NETMGRCLASSES%;%XMLCLASSES%;%AURORACLASSES%;%OLAPCLASSES%;%MISCCLASSES%;%QSMACLASSES%

REM hook for classpath additions
if not "%ORACLE_OEM_CLASSPATH%" == "" SET CLASSPATHADD=%ORACLE_OEM_CLASSPATH%;%CLASSPATHADD%

REM # Oracle change manager requires the following for ocmtclsh.exe
set GBP=
if not exist %CLASSROOT%oraclesysmanvttvttzVttzCmDragDropObject.class set GBP=true

if "%ORACLE_OEM_JAVAMX%" == "" set ORACLE_OEM_JAVAMX=-mx128m
REM if "%ORACLE_OEM_JAVAMS%" == "" set ORACLE_OEM_JAVAMS=-ms16m
SET JRE=jrew -nojit %ORACLE_OEM_JAVAMX%
SET NT_START=START
if "%ORACLE_OEM_CLIENTTRACE%x" == "x" goto setup_cp
SET JRE=jre -nojit %ORACLE_OEM_JAVAMX% %TRACE%
SET NT_START=

:setup_cp
SET CLASSPATH_QUAL=cp

if "%ORACLE_OEM_JAVARUNTIME%x" == "x" goto jreSetup
SET JRE=%ORACLE_OEM_JAVARUNTIME%binjava %ORACLE_OEM_JAVAMX% %TRACE%
SET CLASSPATH_QUAL=classpath
SET CLASSPATHADD=%CLASSPATHADD%;%ORACLE_OEM_JAVARUNTIME%libclasses.zip

:jreSetup
SET ME=oemapp
SET USAGE="Usage: %ME% <application_name>"

if Windows_NT == %OS% goto ntCheckAppName
if not "%2%" == "" goto start95
@echo %USAGE%
goto end

:start95
if "%GBP%" == "true" goto gbp
%JRE% -DORACLE_HOME=D:Programmeoracleora92 -DORBdisableLocator=true -Djdbc.backward_compatible_to_816=true %JREOPTIONS_STRING% -%CLASSPATH_QUAL% "%CLASSPATHADD%" oracle.sysman.vtx.vtxOemApp.OemApp %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
goto end

:gbp
%JRE% -DORACLE_HOME=D:Programmeoracleora92 -DGENERAL_BUS_PACK="" -DORBdisableLocator=true -Djdbc.backward_compatible_to_816=true %JREOPTIONS_STRING% -%CLASSPATH_QUAL% "%CLASSPATHADD%" oracle.sysman.vtx.vtxOemApp.OemApp %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
goto end

:ntCheckAppName
if not "%1%" == "" goto startNT
@echo %USAGE%
goto end

:startNT
set ADMIN_WRL=D:Programmeoracleora92sysmanadmin
set GBP_PROP=
if "%GBP%" == "true" set GBP_PROP=-DGENERAL_BUS_PACK=""
%NT_START% %JRE% -DADMIN_WRL=%ADMIN_WRL% -DORACLE_HOME=D:Programmeoracleora92 %GBP_PROP% -DORBdisableLocator=true -Djdbc.backward_compatible_to_816=true %JREOPTIONS_STRING% -%CLASSPATH_QUAL% "%CLASSPATHADD%" oracle.sysman.vtx.vtxOemApp.OemApp %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
endLocal
:end

Have I to edit the PATH variable?
Or is there an other solution?

Thank you!
Re: Enterprise Manager Console does not start [message #68520 is a reply to message #68516] Tue, 20 January 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Sorry, I cannot help you any further. If other Java applications work on your system (with the settings in oemapp.bat), then so should the OEM Console.

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Enterprise Manager Console does not start [message #68553 is a reply to message #68516] Tue, 17 February 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown
The Problem is the length of the "%CLASSPATHADD%" parameter. If you install Oracle in the default directory "c:oracle" it is no problem, but by installing it in "c:programmeoracle" the length is increased by 10 for every occurrences in this parameter. This causes the error "Die eingegebene Zeile ist zu lang. Syntaxerorr" (on a german machine).
Re: Enterprise Manager Console does not start [message #68638 is a reply to message #68553] Mon, 10 May 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
n/a
I run into the same problem (limitation of cmd.exe) with win2000 and fixed it with a cmd.exe from winXP. Now i call EMC with the winxp cmd.exe without problem...
Re: Solution: Enterprise Manager Console does not start [message #68781 is a reply to message #68553] Wed, 15 September 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mirko Riegel
Use the cmd.exe from WindowsXP - this will work.
I dont know, how to create a shortcut (this will only start the cmd), but by executing the xp-cmd and then calling "oemapp.bat console", the enterprise manager will start.

Mirko
Re: Enterprise Manager Console does not start [message #68802 is a reply to message #68516] Mon, 04 October 2004 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajesh
I am goning to start OEM but it gives the error"Windows can not find 'jrew'make sure u typed the name correctly and then try again"
Can u please help me wether i have to reinstall Oracle or any others way round it can work.

Please reply
Re: Enterprise Manager Console does not start [message #115620 is a reply to message #68514] Wed, 13 April 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IWriteCode
Hello,

I am currently experiencing exaclty the same problems as described above, only I am running on Windows XP professional with latest service pack. So the solution to use the xp cmd doesn;t work, since I'm already using that version.

The oemapp.bat is executed, and no error occurs, but the console application isn't started. Also, I can't find any error logs. The Oracle version I'm using in 9.0.9

I already tried registring the OCX files found in the BIN directory, but only 2 OCX's are found there. Maybe there should be more of those?
C:\oracle\ora90\BIN>dir *.ocx
01-11-2000  11:51           110.851 ODBTREEVIEW.OCX
20-08-2001  17:39           102.400 oradc.ocx
               2 bestand(en)          213.251 bytes

Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated!!

Edit:
Still working on the problem, and the following error occurse when starting:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetExceptionjava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/bali/share/collection/StringKey
Cannot launch application oracle.sysman.vt.console.app.Console

Any clues?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 03:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Enterprise Manager Console does not start [message #115766 is a reply to message #68514] Thu, 14 April 2005 05:28 Go to previous message
IWriteCode
'Fixed' it by completely reinstalling the system :S
Previous Topic: Can't connect OEM to alternative instance
Next Topic: Drop Outline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:54:48 CDT 2024