Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Setting Password for Intelligent Agent
Setting Password for Intelligent Agent [message #68524] Thu, 22 January 2004 15:31 Go to next message
Prasad.V.R
Hi All,

On HP-UNIX with Oracle 9i I wanted to setup password for

intelligent agent. So Oracle recomends to add these two parameters in snmp_rw.ora file.

snmp.connect..user=dbsnmp

snmp.connect..password=new_dbsnmp

So added this and restarted agent and try to discover nodes from OEM there is no impact of adding these two parameters. Nodes are discovering without asking passwords.

I am still wondering what is connect between these parameters and changing dbsnmp user password.

So someone can explain me how to implement password on Intelligent agent.If its implemented how one has to discover the nodes by supplying password? and the role of dbsnmp user.

Eagerly waiting for help in this regard.

Thanks and Regards

Prasad
Re: Setting Password for Intelligent Agent [message #68526 is a reply to message #68524] Fri, 23 January 2004 03:56 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Hi,

"snmp.connect.<service_name>.password = password" specifies the password for the username that is used by the subagent to connect to the database. This is required as this DB user has some nasty privileges assigned to it.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: see alert.log from OEM
Next Topic: Oracle 8i Personal Edition On 2000 Server OS.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:39:45 CDT 2024