Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OEM fails to start.
OEM fails to start. [message #68527] Fri, 23 January 2004 07:05 Go to next message
Gene Trussell
OEM service on Windows XP SP1 fails to start.  OEM version is 9.2.0.1.0 Production.  Sometimes all I get is "Management server thrashing.  Exiting oemctrl.bat".

Last time I got VXX-2009 : Could not find service context

and

exception VxaInvalidStateException{wstring reason=
"VXA-3032 : Error in attempting to bind OMS Services over ORB. Shutting down oms";}

and

"Could not start management server. Initialization failure"

embedded in a long string of java.lang.NullPointerException reports. What can I do to get OEM running?

Re: OEM fails to start. [message #68531 is a reply to message #68527] Mon, 26 January 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
check the entry in DNS and your localhost name.
they should match.
Re: OEM fails to start. [message #68532 is a reply to message #68531] Mon, 26 January 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gene Trussell
Thanks for your response.

It didn't work. My system guys say our network is configured to add entries from our DHCP into the DNS. As a further guess, I added both the machine name and the fully qualified machine name to the lmhosts.sam file. If it helps, I can ping the machine from any other workstation in the network.

Any other ideas?
Re: OEM fails to start. [message #68791 is a reply to message #68532] Wed, 22 September 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steven Haas
Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem on my PC.
I do have a DHCP reserved IP address if that helps and I can connect to a Management Server on another DBAs PC.
Thanks...
Re: OEM fails to start. [message #68792 is a reply to message #68791] Wed, 22 September 2004 05:08 Go to previous message
Gene Trussell
I got OEM to run when I put an entry for my machine in the LMHOSTS or HOSTS file (winntsystem32etc if I remeber right). Then I uninstalled & removed all traces of Oracle. When I re-installed, it did not work. I gave up after that.
Previous Topic: How to connect to a remote server?
Next Topic: unable to get into OMS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:07:53 CDT 2024