Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OEM-OMS does not recognize database self
OEM-OMS does not recognize database self [message #68544] Mon, 09 February 2004 06:16 Go to next message
arg
I read in a oracle document that the OEMConsole when connected to a OMS can not recognize the database the OMS is sitting on.  When one attempts to discover a node on it's self, OMS discovers the node, the http server, and listener but will not create a database link to its self. 

I am sure this topic comes up daily with oracle.

I can not phantom why they have done this.  To use any of the wizard tools OMS must have a target database selected, which may lead me to create multiple databases on one system.  

Perhaps I am misguided, or there could be another managment package to manage the oms managment package. I think my database is 30% actual data, the rest is oracle overhead.

If anyone knows of a parameter in OMS to allow it to see itsself, or if a listener.ora configuration change might help, please let me know. 

I'm using OEM 9.2.0.1.0 EE in multiple WinPC's. Thanks.
Re: OEM-OMS does not recognize database self [message #68545 is a reply to message #68544] Mon, 09 February 2004 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Metcalf
Perhaps a silly question, but have you started the Intelligent Agent on the box running the OMS?

Regards,

Will
Re: OEM-OMS does not recognize database self [message #68546 is a reply to message #68545] Mon, 09 February 2004 08:16 Go to previous message
arg
Thx for the responce. I have Agent, Recovery, HTTP, MS, Listener and 1 db instance running.

But It did give me an idea. In OMS I deleted the node it found. Killed the listener. Restarted OMS and told it to discover itself. It failed ofcourse, but then it allowed me to enter it manually! So I restarted listener and now the OMS db is a target.

Thx for the suggestion.
This also helped -->
http://www.openitx.com/archives/archives.asp?i=214801
Previous Topic: Image copy with Storage manager
Next Topic: exporting data from sql server or access to oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:23:59 CDT 2024