Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Trouble with Intelligent Agent
Trouble with Intelligent Agent [message #68687] Wed, 30 June 2004 21:11 Go to next message
Jason Brewster
I'm having trouble discovering nodes in Enterprise manager. I'm running 9ias and can configure nodes manually but not have them discovered.

Through research it seems that I need to make sure I have a specific service running (Win 200 server). The service is oracel_home_name but when I go to services it is not there.

The error message I get when I try and discover nodes is "Discovery failed:V-4564:Cannot resolve host <host name>".

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Jason
Re: Trouble with Intelligent Agent [message #68688 is a reply to message #68687] Thu, 01 July 2004 02:45 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Try to ping those nodes from ur system using node names and if u cant than add the IP of those nodes with their node names in ur hosts file. And if u can ping than chek whether the intelligent agents are running on the systems which u want to discover. U can do this by using AGENTCTL STATUS command. If it is not running just run that using AGENTCTL START and discover again.

Daljit Singh
Previous Topic: Trouble with Intelligent Agent
Next Topic: how to start the Oracle Management Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:46:38 CDT 2024