Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » Adding nodes to Oracle Management Server
Adding nodes to Oracle Management Server [message #68717] Tue, 20 July 2004 21:35 Go to next message
Prasanth P Pai
hi,

i have a windows2000 professional installed with oracle9i server. my system is standalone. i wud like to know whether i cud use the backup, recovery and performance tuning wizards in the OEM. i have configured OMS using EMCA. how can i add a node to it? in the create Node option, i clicked the import button. but bydefault a "BIN" folder with a lot of exe files is getting open. what all are the other OMS associated services that are to be started?

kindly help.
Re: Adding nodes to Oracle Management Server [message #68843 is a reply to message #68717] Thu, 18 November 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rajesh Kumar T, DBA, Geny
Hi,
I faced the same problem what you are saying. I got the solution. These are the steps to add nodes.

1. Go to Discover Nodes.
2. Add the IP address to the textbox.
3. Click on next.(* it will not discover the node)
4. Again Click on next.
5. Select Manual.
6. Say the Database Name and SID name and Finish.

thank you,

with regards,
Rajesh Kumar T.
Re: Adding nodes to Oracle Management Server [message #68917 is a reply to message #68717] Sun, 06 February 2005 22:56 Go to previous message
Benia Ahmed
Hie
Ihave a problem, I can't repere automaticly the node (Linux machine) from the OMS installing in NT machine trough the intelligent agent is started of corse in the linux machine. I need solution please.

- I have Oracle9i (9.0.1) in each machine.
- and Red hat 8.0.

Thanx.
Previous Topic: Wanted Discount Vouchers for OCP 9i DBA
Next Topic: OEM : Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:15:37 CDT 2024