Home » RDBMS Server » Enterprise Manager » OEM events
OEM events [message #68848] Tue, 23 November 2004 02:46 Go to next message
Tahiri Ahmed
Hi
I'm a new user of Oracle and I must realize my End-Study project as soon as possible.
I have install (on Windows 2000 professional, in French) Oracle 8i Entreprise Edition release 8.1.7.0.0, then I have install Oracle Entreprise Manager release 2.1 with oracle Tuning, Diagnostics, and Changes Management Packs.
I think that the post-installation configuration of the console Oracle Entreprise Manager was succefully done: the Jobs are carried out well such as scripts DBA, scripts SQL, the Fixit jobs (Jobs of corrections) and the DOS-Commands but I can't succefully execute the TCL scripts. the basic events and Alerts are well also carried out: Databases UpDown, Node UpDown, Listener UpDown and only these events which I have find on the Event Menu in the console OEM.
My problem is that, I can't trigger the other events and Alerts.
All TCL scripts of these events and Alerts exist in the O_Hora81networkagenteventsoracle repertory, and I don't know how exploit them.
I would like to know (all steps if possible) how to execute the TCL scripts using the Jobs of the console OEM in order to be able to trigger an Alert or a warning, taking for example the event Tablespace Full and its TCL scripts tbspfull.tcl in the repertory O_Hora81networkagenteventsoraclerdbmsspace. Or an other way to be able to trigger such Events and Alerts.
I thank you in advance for your assistance

Ahmed
Re: OEM events [message #68850 is a reply to message #68848] Wed, 24 November 2004 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tahiri Ahmed
Any solution??
Re: OEM events [message #68863 is a reply to message #68850] Thu, 09 December 2004 12:37 Go to previous message
Claus Gehner
Why would you use Oracle 8i (8.1.7) for a new project.
At the very least go to Oracle 9iR2 (9.2.0.6) or even 10g..
Previous Topic: SNMP Support in 10g
Next Topic: Database recovery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:41:40 CDT 2024