Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » INDEX and Export-Import
INDEX and Export-Import [message #69133] Tue, 06 November 2001 05:18 Go to next message
lily
Hi ,

1. I have a created Bitmap Index.

create index DTE_SHIPPED_INDX
on CUSTOMER12(DTE_SHIPPED)
nologging compute statistics
tablespace TMPRODDEVINDX
storage (initial 10k next 50k pctincrease 0)
/

analyze table CUSTOMER12 compute statistics
/

nb:creating an index with NOLOGGING tells oracle not to log the creation of the index.

Question: How do I maintain a Log file for the above index? Do I need to define the
logfile path ( in a new folder )?

2. What happends to an Index when Performing EXPORT and IMPORT of tables in user lavel?
Is the Index also exported and imported along with the table automatically?

Any help would be appreciated.
regards,
lily.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: INDEX and Export-Import [message #69134 is a reply to message #69133] Tue, 06 November 2001 05:37 Go to previous message
oraboy
Hi ,
1. I have a created Bitmap Index.

create index DTE_SHIPPED_INDX
on CUSTOMER12(DTE_SHIPPED)
nologging compute statistics
tablespace TMPRODDEVINDX
storage (initial 10k next 50k pctincrease 0)
/

>>>I guess you have forgotten to add the keyword 'BITMAP' and hence the index what had been created would be normal index ( and not bitmap)

analyze table CUSTOMER12 compute statistics
/

nb:creating an index with NOLOGGING tells oracle not to log the creation of the index.

>>>Though Nologging means oracle should bypass relog , strictly speaking it does with minimal logging (data dictionary changes etc)

Question: How do I maintain a Log file for the above index? Do I need to define the
logfile path ( in a new folder )?
>>> what do you mean by logfile? Are you asking about the statistics generated by ANALYSE command?
If yes, the statistics are stored in data dictionary tables itself. If no, pls explain what you mean by this..

2. What happends to an Index when Performing EXPORT and IMPORT of tables in user lavel?
Is the Index also exported and imported along with the table automatically?

>>> You have INDEXES parameter (which by default is set to Y) which you can specify in your export/import parameter file .so unless specified as N , all associated indexes will be exported/imported together with the object

Regards
Oraboy

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: Re: FREE OCP PAPERS
Next Topic: HELP!! Alerting DBA from a stored procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:15:50 CDT 2024