Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Data from Oracle table to text file
Data from Oracle table to text file [message #69177] Fri, 16 November 2001 00:18 Go to next message
padma
hi
i want to get data from oracle table to text file and then insert that data in to other database table.
Please any body help me out?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Data from Oracle table to text file [message #69181 is a reply to message #69177] Fri, 16 November 2001 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somu
Hi,

You can use the SET COLSEP |.

After the above command spool all records into a flat file and then you can use sqlloader to load the records into the other table.

if you want the specific script, let me know, will generate somethings and send it to you.

REgards
Somu

Re: Data from Oracle table to text file [message #69305 is a reply to message #69177] Thu, 06 December 2001 09:59 Go to previous message
Prabha R
Hi,
I'm using the free toad tool and getting the data from oracle table is so simple. Run the query
"select * from table_name".

Then you have an option at the toolbar for saving the Grid. With this option you can save the file in either .txt format or .xls format with the delimiters you want. go to www.toadsoft.com, install free toad and see the magic.

Previous Topic: Re: migrating data
Next Topic: Re: Oracle Exam Papers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:47:07 CDT 2024