Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Converting RPT programs
Converting RPT programs [message #69681] Sat, 16 February 2002 01:58 Go to next message
Hamid Sultan
Hi,
I have about 500 RPT and about 200 Forms (ver 3.0) programs running under VAX/VMS. I want to move them to Windows/NT.

While current Oracle tools like 6i can convert the forms to GUI versions, however I need a tool to convert my RPT programs to so that they can generate text based report output (.LIS) file as was generated through running the SQL*Report(RPT) program followed by RPF.

I will greatly appreciate if anyone could provide me info on availability of such a tool.

Thanks
Re: Converting RPT programs [message #69688 is a reply to message #69681] Mon, 18 February 2002 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rick Cale
Converting forms is no issue since Oracle supports
forms. Converting rpt to sql*report cannot be done.
IMHO this was a very short-sighted selfish approach
by Oracle. They just dropped support for RPT without
and notice. I had to rewrite over 100+ rpt into Pro*C.
There is a company(ies) that will do that conversion
for big bucks. I cannot think of the company.
Re: Converting RPT programs [message #70935 is a reply to message #69688] Thu, 15 August 2002 14:11 Go to previous message
Dick Cummings
If you still have RPT programs that need replacing contact me at dick@webwt.co.uk.
I represent a firm that has a cost effective converter that has been used on thousands of RPT programs.

It is fast, negligible rewriting is required and you get exactly the same output as before. Legacy problem gone.

Dick Cummings
Previous Topic: Manual creation of DB
Next Topic: Loading two files into same table using single loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 04:35:53 CDT 2024