Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » problems installing 8i on pentium IV
problems installing 8i on pentium IV [message #69811] Fri, 08 March 2002 10:26 Go to next message
Kathi Nesbitt
I am trying to install Oracle 8i v.8.1.7 on a new pentium IV and I get the following error message:

JREW invalid page fault @ module JAVAI.DLL @ 0177:6ee3803a....

This error message only appears with pentium 4's, not with pentium 3's or lower.
Re: problems installing 8i on pentium IV [message #69981 is a reply to message #69811] Tue, 26 March 2002 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Antony
REmove all occurences of SYMCJIT.DLL from the installation CD. As you cannot do that directly, copy the cd to the hard drive, remove those dlls from all sub directories and then start the installation. This is a pentium 4 issue.
Pual
Re: problems installing 8i on pentium IV [message #70080 is a reply to message #69811] Tue, 09 April 2002 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ron Kranz
Known Software Issue(s)
CPUID detection for IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 processor system:
Intel has identified that applications which use the Symantec Just in Time Compiler library file ("symcjit.dll" for Microsoft Windows* operating system and "symc_jlt.nlm" for Novell Netware* 5.1) may not run properly on PentiumŪ 4 processor systems because the library does not properly identify the processor. The failure typically is that the affected application such as Oracle 8i, simply terminates. Under Microsoft Windows*, the properties of the DLL are: "Symantec Java! JustInTime Compiler Version 3.10.107 for JDK 1.2 Copyright (C) 1996-99 Symantec Corporation Dynamic Link Library file". DLLs older than this will also not work. To confirm the version you are using, select the DLL, right click on the selected DLL and select Properties, and then the Version tab. Intel encourages all Software developers to do the following immediately:
Check if your application(s) uses the Symantec Just in Time Library file
Request an updated library file from your provider
Test your application with the new library file on PentiumŪ 4 processor system
Ensure you have plans in place to provide application updates and address customer concerns
*Other brands and names are property of their respective owners

Problemas al ampliar memorian RIM [message #70557 is a reply to message #69811] Fri, 28 June 2002 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alfredo
Al instalar un tarjeta RIM de 128MB,existiendo instaladas dos placas de 64MB, me da un error. al colocar la de 128MB y una de 64MB, el sistema funcionad Ok, pero solo detecta 129MB,
Re: problems installing 8i on pentium IV [message #72127 is a reply to message #69811] Fri, 14 March 2003 22:31 Go to previous message
NEPAL
Hi dear....
Copy all the installer in your machine first and search for the file named symcjit.dll and rename it... Reinstall the Oracle 8i again from the installer copied to your system..
Best of Luck
Bye....
Yours,
Roshan
Previous Topic: Import to 1 colunm
Next Topic: SQL LOADER DATE FORMATING HELP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 02:38:04 CDT 2024