Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » SQLLDR 8.1.5 will not exit after sucessfull load
SQLLDR 8.1.5 will not exit after sucessfull load [message #70380] Wed, 05 June 2002 06:14 Go to next message
Tim Cummings
I have .ctl scripts that work ok on 8.0.5 but when using the same .ctl on 8.1.5 sqlldr will not exit. This hangs my .bat file and the remaining sqlldr commands in the .bat file are not executed. The only way out is to use control-c.

I am on a Windows 2000 server running Oracle 8.1.5.
Re: SQLLDR 8.1.5 will not exit after sucessfull load [message #70467 is a reply to message #70380] Mon, 17 June 2002 23:26 Go to previous message
Sreedhar Goud
Tim,

you might need to spend some time on this..
the first one : structure of control file.. hope u are using any deciamal.. data type in the file.
(or) I don't know what type of loading method you are using.. either conventional nor direct..
Here the reason :
In a convetional load, the ROWS parameter determines the exact number of rows in a commit operation. This will indicate, via the stdout or the log file, the
last row inserted before the problematic row.

Direct :In a direct load, the ROWS parameter is rounded up to the number of
rows that will fit in a db block so it is not as accurate in pinpointing the
culprit row(s).
In a single shot.. i can only say.. concentrate on ROWS parameter in sqlldr..

If you are not still clear from the above.. u may need to fix the ..bug 841842 (contact oracle)

Let me know still u are not clear...

Thanks
-Sreedhar
Previous Topic: how do i import a dump file created in oracle 8.1.5 into oracle 8.0.6
Next Topic: SQL Loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:00:14 CDT 2024