Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Import & Export of table
Import & Export of table [message #70512] Tue, 25 June 2002 03:04 Go to next message
sahaslad
Hi All,
I am facing a problem in importing a table.
Actually the problem ia as follows:
I have a table known as Inquiry and has 1000s of records in it. Now I want to make some changes like changing the datatype of a column which is varchar2 to LONG. It gives me ERR as u have not delete all the records in the table and do the changes. I took a backup by the export utility and deleted all the records from the table Inquiry and made the changes which went successful.
But now i want all my 1000 of records to be in the newly edited table Inquiry. When i used the import utility to import all the records of the table i got a WARNING as it is terminated due to the table is existing.

Now my problem is how do i get all the records in my newly updated table i.e Inquiry from the backup file (dmp file).

Thanks for ur reply in advance.
Re: Import & Export of table [message #70516 is a reply to message #70512] Tue, 25 June 2002 05:40 Go to previous message
Bruno
-drop or an recreate the table ( VARCHAR -> LONG )
OR truncate the table
-use imp option IGNORE=Y
-use imp option TABLES='TABLE1'

imp USER/PASSWD FILE=FILE.DMP LOG=FILE.LOG TABLES='TABLE_NAME' IGNORE=Y COMMIT=Y ROWS=Y
Previous Topic: Please Send me the Oracle Test Paper
Next Topic: How do I export the Users?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:09:23 CDT 2024