Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Create database fast
Create database fast [message #71170] Thu, 19 September 2002 01:33 Go to next message
Kim Carlsen
Hi

How do I create a database fast on Win platform, from a CD, e.g copy datafiles, like the DB assistant creating the default database. I need to change the SID and the storageparameters for the tablespaces.
put it simple: how do DB assistant create the default database?

TNX
Kim
Re: Create database fast [message #71171 is a reply to message #71170] Thu, 19 September 2002 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kim Carlsen
Sorry for the double post. :-(
Re: Create database fast [message #71179 is a reply to message #71170] Fri, 20 September 2002 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helena
If you use the DB assistent will take all the defaults, but you can choose the SID, if you go this way you can always alter the tablespace that you need, using either command line or dba studio. Or choose a custom database creation in which you can specify all the defaults that you need e.g. tablespace etc.
Regards
Helena
Re: Create database fast [message #71190 is a reply to message #71179] Sun, 22 September 2002 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kim Carlsen
Hi

TNX, but I canŽt use the DB assistant, because IŽll need a database with data in. IŽll need to create a database from a CD.
My idea is to backup the controlfiles to trace. pack the datafiles using winzip. and then make a program for editing the controlfile, and there after change the storageparameters using SQL.
Is it a way to do it or can it be done smarter?

Best regards
Kim
Re: Create database fast [message #71208 is a reply to message #71170] Tue, 24 September 2002 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
They do it programatically using the clone method.

Here is a link:
http://www.think-forward.com/tips/Uclone.htm

You will have to have the database up and running to change the storage space parameters.
Re: Create database fast [message #71211 is a reply to message #71208] Tue, 24 September 2002 22:45 Go to previous message
Kim Carlsen
TNX!
How do I change the storage parameters from a program? IŽll write a VBprogram to do this copy, but how do I connect to the database and perform the scripts, without entering SQL+?

Regards
Kim
Previous Topic: Re: Loader-522 Message (lfiopn failed for file)
Next Topic: how to truncate datalength in sqlloader file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 00:48:49 CDT 2024