Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Urgent: Problems with Creating Database, Servermanager, Internal PWD
Urgent: Problems with Creating Database, Servermanager, Internal PWD [message #71300] Fri, 11 October 2002 03:22 Go to next message
Christine Pollhaus
Hi everybody,

I have an urgent problem:

Must create a database. Therefore used existing create_scripts from another database, changed them and tried to let them run. IT DIDN'T WORK !!!
The internal/oracle connect doesn't work. Servermanager always says:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
Then I deleted the SID, that was already created with the oradim and created the SID anew with the following command:
ORADIM -NEW -SID BACKPFEC --intpwd oracle -startmode manual -pfile "D:oracleadminBACKPFECpfileinitBACKPFEC.ora"
Then tried again to let the scripts create the database. Still everything is the same: still ORA-01017 error!
Also editing the intpwd with oradim doen't work!

How can I manage this.
Do I always have to create new scripts with the ora-DBCA if I want to create a new database ???

Any help will be welcome thanks a lot !!!

Regard Christine
Re: Urgent: Problems with Creating Database, Servermanager, Internal PWD [message #71309 is a reply to message #71300] Mon, 14 October 2002 06:13 Go to previous message
B
Windows sucks ( Sorry.. but it's true )

Try this...
If U are an ADMIN ... Put Ur account in the oracle group. Don't remember the name something like 'ORA%'
( seems to be ORA_DBA ... not sure )

use ORADIM and delete the service.
edit init.ora
set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=EXCLUSIVE
Run ORADIM again

if doesn't work use 'orapwd' to recreate the orapw[[BASE]].ora
Previous Topic: Changing Data structure
Next Topic: Renaming 3 schema users with grants, synoynms etc!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:51:06 CDT 2024