Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Data update problem AFTER Import/export
Data update problem AFTER Import/export [message #71331] Wed, 16 October 2002 20:17 Go to next message
Niti
I recently exported 4 tables on Unix (Solaris), Oracle 8.1.7, as a user. Then I tokk the dmp file to the the other Unix box, that has same OS and same Unix and same Oracle running. This new Db instance even has the same tabelspaces and same user with same privileges as the original database.

When I did import, I didn't get any warning or error and I can see all data in the database.

Problem comes when I run the application. If I try to write to these tables( create new, or update) I get Primary Key violation error. There is no problem if I have to search in those tables.

I am using stored procs. for reading adn writing to the database tables. Thanks for your help in advance.
Re: Data update problem AFTER Import/export [message #71334 is a reply to message #71331] Thu, 17 October 2002 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
does this primary key vilation occurs in the source database also?
Re: Data update problem AFTER Import/export [message #71337 is a reply to message #71334] Thu, 17 October 2002 07:15 Go to previous message
Niti
THe source database works fine with same application.

I have a feeling that the since the table sequences are not being exported along with the tables, I cannot insert a row in the newly imported database because the sequences arenot right anymore.

Any thoughts?
Previous Topic: Primary Key
Next Topic: Re: Data update problem AFTER Import/export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 00:05:41 CDT 2024