Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » avoid built in commit
avoid built in commit [message #77838] Fri, 30 November 2001 05:36 Go to next message
Joe
Hi All,
I want to save data entered in a detail section with a button. when_button_pressed trigger executes following code:

PROCEDURE p_insert_new_partner_article IS
BEGIN
INSERT INTO partner_article (id,matnr...) values (...)
commit;
end;

when i enter text in an textitem in the detailblock and i try to move the cursor to the next item, forms asks me if i want to save the changes or not!
I want to enter all neccessary text in all items and the should start the insertion by pressing the button

Second question:
when i inserted/deleted a record in a detailblock is there a way to update the view in the master without a new execute_query?

thanx for your help!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: avoid built in commit [message #77843 is a reply to message #77838] Sun, 02 December 2001 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
waris
Hi joe...

PROCEDURE p_insert_new_partner_article IS
BEGIN
INSERT INTO partner_article (id,matnr...) values (...)
forms_ddl(commit);
end;

i hope this gets u going...

cheers
waris

Re: avoid built in commit [message #77845 is a reply to message #77838] Mon, 03 December 2001 04:07 Go to previous message
Joe
thanx waris,
it works but my problem is still alive! i want to supress the default behaviour of developer.
When i made changes in textitems (belonging to a dezailblock!) and i click my insert-button which calls an insert command, the application itself
(without any coding) asks me if i want to save all changes! if i click yes, my data will be twice in the database-there is the
default insert of developer as well as my own insert-function. is it possible to avoid this popup-window of developer?????
regards joe

Previous Topic: Re: How to display multiple cols group by clause when using gp by clause on multiple fields
Next Topic: Re: Dynamic Condition(PLEASE HELP)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:35:46 CDT 2024