Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how can i change the order by of a report from form builder
how can i change the order by of a report from form builder [message #77993] Mon, 31 December 2001 04:24 Go to next message
María Fernanda Capa Bohór
how can i change the order by clause of a report when the report is invoked in execution time from a form builder?

the form builder is version 5.0

if i can do it, i need to do it in my job

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: how can i change the order by of a report from form builder [message #77994 is a reply to message #77993] Mon, 31 December 2001 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sokeh
two ways to do this:
1, from live preview screen, select tools then report wizard then data and re-arrange your order by clause there.
Or go the data model and drag and drop.
Did I answer your question?

Re: how can i change the order by of a report from form builder [message #77996 is a reply to message #77993] Mon, 31 December 2001 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
María Fernanda Capa Bohór
Hi,
thank you for your response
but, i would like to know how can i do it at execution time from form builder.
I would want to avoid of doing a report for every selected option for a user when the aplication is running or performing at execution time

the choices in the form to order are many
I need some help

thank you for your support
best regards
Mafer

Re: how can i change the order by of a report from form builder [message #78004 is a reply to message #77994] Wed, 02 January 2002 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shilpa
Create a parameter at the report level and attach it to the where clause of the query in the report. Pass the order by clause from the form as a parameter.

Re: how can i change the order by of a report from form builder [message #78015 is a reply to message #77993] Thu, 03 January 2002 20:31 Go to previous message
rama krishna
use lexical parameter in the order by clause in the sql statement in report.
send value thru parameter from form acccording to ur criteria.
this will solve ur prob....

Previous Topic: Delete cascade.....urgent urgent help!!!
Next Topic: Cannot Update data in the form 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:24:03 CDT 2024