Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Urgent!! problem while generating reports from form
Urgent!! problem while generating reports from form [message #78110] Fri, 18 January 2002 06:08 Go to next message
Taran
Hi
I am working on project where I want to generate report from the form .Fields in the generated report depends upon the checkboxes clicked on the form. I am able to get the report but the problem is that it always shows the parameter form and then I have to click run .Other problem is that if the fields are not selected then there headings are shown in the report .Please give me details to solve this..My project is stopped due to this problem...
Tell me if there is also an another way out to solve the problem
Thanx in advance..
I need your cooperation now and in future
Taran
Re: Urgent!! problem while generating reports from form [message #78112 is a reply to message #78110] Fri, 18 January 2002 06:21 Go to previous message
Shilpa
Solution for 1st problem:

Open the report. Click tools--> parameter form builder. Unselect everything, remove the titles and click ok. This will give you a blank parameter form. Compile and save the report. when you run the report from form parameter form will not be displayed.

Another way of avoiding the same problem is to set the paramform property to NO at the form level and pass that parameter.

Solution for 2nd Problem:

For example if the field name is empno and the title is Employee Number.

Create a format trigger to the Employee Number Boiler Plate:(go to the property pallete of the boiler plate Employee Number and click next to Format Trigger).

Type the following:

IF :EMPNO IS NULL THEN
RETURN(FALSE);
ELSE
RETURN(TRUE);
END;

Hope this helps!!!
Previous Topic: Disable first field in form
Next Topic: Message for Shilpa
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:07:27 CDT 2024