Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problems getting LOV to open up
Problems getting LOV to open up [message #78945] Fri, 05 April 2002 05:20 Go to next message
Susan
I created a text item labeled "SUB_LITHOLOGY" in a block. It is a database item. I also created an LOV called which lists the 5 acceptable values for sub_lithology. A pushbutton was created. A when-button-pressed trigger on the button opens the LOV and allows the user to pick one of the 5 acceptable values for sub_lithology, which populates the text item SUB_LITHOLOGY in the block and changes the database table accordingly.

This is the text of the when-button-pressed trigger:
IF SHOW_LOV('SUB_LITHOLOGY_LOV_Button') THEN
NULL;
END IF;

In my application, when you push the button, nothing happens. You have to first navigate into the text item, then press the button. Only then does the LOV open. You choose a value from the LOV and finally the text item gets populated with the choice from the LOV. The functionality is there, but I don't understand why the LOV doesn't open the first time from the button.
Can you offer any suggestions as to why I have this glitch?

Thanks.

Susan.
Re: Problems getting LOV to open up [message #78948 is a reply to message #78945] Fri, 05 April 2002 06:52 Go to previous message
Susan
Solved the problem. It was a stupid error on my part.
This is the text of the when-button-pressed trigger:
IF SHOW_LOV('SUB_LITHOLOGY_LOV_Button') THEN
NULL;
END IF;

I had accidentally used the LOV button name, rather than the LOV name. Using SUB_LITHOLOGY_LOV instead of SUB_LITHOLOGY_LOV_Button in the trigger makes the application work properly. Because I had used the button name in the trigger, the SHOW_LOV built-in wasn't even functioning. The default behaviour (same as LIST_VALUES built-in)was what resulted when the trigger didn't work.

Susan.
Previous Topic: Unable to Insert Record
Next Topic: building default_where string containing date values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:08:08 CDT 2024