Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » pls help me.....pls just have a look at it....i badly need a help from d2k gurus..
pls help me.....pls just have a look at it....i badly need a help from d2k gurus.. [message #79392] Thu, 06 June 2002 00:23 Go to next message
mani
i have two forms...

lets call them as

1.SOURCE
2.TCN.

am Calling TCN form from source form.

let me explain abt the tcn form.ok

i have few text items.(i made that as control block lets call this as blk_key)

in the bottom of the form i have one datablock(blk_tcn) which contains (only few columns of TCN_SY table visible)
and few are invisble.i made number of rows displayed as 10.

in the source form we have one global variable.
that will take five values.
1.BROWSE
2.ADD FROM SCRATCH
3.CORRECT
4.DELETE
5.REISSUE

so depending upon this variable value, blk_tcn in TCN form should be enabled or disabled.
let me explain one by one....

1.in browse mode

The values In blk_key text items will be loaded from source form.
The values for the supplied key in blk_key should be loaded in blk_tcn.(here i have used default_where property for blk_tcn)
here the user can scroll and view the values....but the block should be disabled.means he can only view the rows in TCN_SY

table.
hope you got it....

2.Add from scratch

here the blk_tcn should be empty so that the user can enter values in that block.after entering the values by clicking
'update' button all the values which he entered should be inserted into the TCN_SY table.and the blk_key values also should

be inserted into another(tcn_py) table(single row).
here note that i have to insert values for all columns in TCN_SY.but only few items i made as visible.
moreover i have one button called 'delete' across each row in blk_tcn.when the user clicks that button the entire row (that

particular item row)should be blank.....how can i achieve this?????

3.Correct

here the blk_tcn should display the existing values and the user can change the existing values..once he clicks update

button the values should be inserted as usual i mentioned above for add from scratch...here also the delete button should

work....

how can i put that delete button...as of now i made one dummy column in that table(which i used for blk_tcn)...so while

creating that datablock i made that dummy column as delete button.......will it work???or any other way of doing that?????

4.delete..
here also everything in blk_tcn should be disabled like browse mode....so by clicking 'update' button....the rows in

tcn_sy table and one m,ore table (tcn_py)which i told in add from sctrach mode ....
should be deleted from database......

reissue mode i can do if i complete all the above perfectly....

please help me in this????????

mani
Re: pls help me.....pls just have a look at it....i badly need a help from d2k gurus.. [message #80123 is a reply to message #79392] Wed, 14 August 2002 02:43 Go to previous message
raj mishra
Call a .fmb form from menu.I want to call a form with full syntax.
Previous Topic: FRM-40405 no changes to apply
Next Topic: how to disable /enable scrollbar at runtime in block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:45:44 CDT 2024