Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Page break issues
Page break issues [message #87960] Thu, 22 November 2001 03:30 Go to next message
Prabhu S
Hi,
i have an issue with page breaks. i have a report where i need to display any one layout out of the four different layouts based upon a certain condition.. for example, given an department code, i should display employee details in a particular layout based upon their type. say for example an employee type can be permanent and temporary. After displaying details of every employee i need a page break. I have achieved this by saying max records per page =1 and page break after=yes in the properties. but, if a dept consists of only permanent or only temporary employees, i get an extra page at the end of the report.
why does this happen?. hope i am clear. pls help. is there anyway to avoid this extra page?
Regards,
Prabhu S

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Page break issues [message #87994 is a reply to message #87960] Tue, 18 December 2001 20:34 Go to previous message
Prabhu S
hi,
for my qn regarding page breaks it was suggested that i can acheive the solution to my problem by setting the maximum records per page property alone. but What has been suggested will work fine only if there is jus one layout in the report. If there are multiple layouts in the reports, say for example one layout for temporary employees and one for permanent employees, then setting max records per page =1 will not work properly. that is, if there are 2 temp employees and 2 permanent employees, then on setting max records per page property alone, will give the follwing o/p
page1 - temp emp1
page2 - temp emp2
perm emp1
page3 - perm emp2
i hope i am clear. can u pls suggest a suitable solution for me.
Rgds,
Prabhu

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: How to get the submit button in the bottom
Next Topic: selecting multiple records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:02:26 CDT 2024