Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » selecting multiple records
selecting multiple records [message #87989] Mon, 17 December 2001 07:37 Go to next message
Ramaa
Hello,

I am trying to design reports by which a user can select multiple records and use those selected records to pull out more details by running another report using srw.run_report. For e.g. if there is a list of patients with a certain disease, the user should be able to select the patients(similar to checking in a check box in Forms) and query about the selected patients to know about their history.

I am able to select one record and use it to get further data but I am not able to store multiple selected records and use them as the input for querying in the subsequent reports.

Can anyone give me an example? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: selecting multiple records [message #87998 is a reply to message #87989] Thu, 20 December 2001 02:56 Go to previous message
Madhav Kasojjala
Hello Rama,
I don't know whether you are trying to achieve this for Reports on Web or on Client-Server Reports.
a. If they are web Reports, then you can make those columns as hyperlinks or put some checkboxes beside them and a query button at the end of page to dig into further data.

b. If it is within network using Dev/2000 or Developer6i Reports
I can tell you a tricky way.
Please let me know if you found a straight solution.
Here's what I could do, if I were you.
I will design a Form with multi record block,
setting properties of every item, layout, size of window (everything) look like a Report output.
So all items in Form will be display with bevel none etc.,
Then I will add check boxes beside each of the records for query criteria, will give a button at the bottom to get Report based on the filtering condition user entered.
This will work only for 1 level of digging data.
Hope this helps.
Madhav

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: Page break issues
Next Topic: Re: what is .prt in report ? how can i print report in character mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:37:05 CDT 2024