Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Matrix Report , master and detail tables
Matrix Report , master and detail tables [message #88015] Mon, 07 January 2002 23:54 Go to next message
Fadwa
Hi,
I want to make a matrix report with there specifications:
Two details tables (t1,t2) are connected through the master table (t)
The matrix consist of:
rows: t1.d1
columns: t2.d2
cells: count(*)

SQL main features:
t.td1=t1.d1 and t.td2=t2.d2
There is IN operator
Group by t1.d1,t2.d2

The problem is:
suppose that t1.d1 has value let it b, and there is no row in the master has that value, then the report will dicard it and will not calculate the count which has the value 0,the same is true in case of values in t2.d2.So the report will have empty cells,and some columns and rows may not be shown if all cells in that row or column are empty.

The problem is :I tried the plus sign to make outer join but it is usless.

Hope that I could explain my problem good.
May any one help me. Thanks a lot in advance
Re: Matrix Report , master and detail tables [message #88022 is a reply to message #88015] Sat, 12 January 2002 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tanmoy
look u first try to write your sql properly..which will meet your requirment...
don't try so much formatting in reports it is time cosuming and sometime impos too...
u send dummy table and your requirment clearly..
i will try to write the query which will meet your demand
Re: Matrix Report , master and detail tables [message #88082 is a reply to message #88015] Wed, 13 February 2002 04:07 Go to previous message
paul Dal Bianco
you can create two queries in your data model

Query 1 - to get all of the combinations of rows and columns to make the matrix: ie. rows = departments and columns = years.

Query 2 - to get the hours worked and number of employees to fill the cells in the matrix.

The matrix will be laid out to have every year and department in query 1 regardless of whether there are employees or hours worked in query 2.
Previous Topic: Passing Parameters from Reports for a dynamic condition
Next Topic: Re: Choosing a report software for ORACLE/JAVA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:04:49 CDT 2024