Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Cache problem with PDF and Reports 6i
Cache problem with PDF and Reports 6i [message #88131] Wed, 03 April 2002 05:20 Go to next message
Henry
I am trying to run reports through the web which convert into Adobe pdf files. I have reduced the cachesize on the server to 0 however when the user clicks on the report (and the data has changed since the last time the report was selected) the user receives a cached version of the pdf. It is possible for the users to hit reload - however users are unaware the data has changed.

I need to find a way to ensure that the user sees a new report each time he clicks on the report without changing their browser settings/asking the user to hit refresh every time - this problem is in IE + Netscape. Is there something i can alter on the reports server or web-server etc?

Thanks in advance

Henry
Re: Cache problem with PDF and Reports 6i [message #88691 is a reply to message #88131] Thu, 30 January 2003 13:38 Go to previous message
Ed McWaters
For I.E., check your IE Options. On the GENERAL tab, there is a SETTINGS button. Within SETTINGS, the radio button for AUTOMATIC is set as a default for when checking for newer versions of stored pages. Reset this to Every Time You Visit The Page and try it again.
Previous Topic: Oracle x ArcView
Next Topic: Is there any way to prevent a query from executing at run time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:25:57 CDT 2024