Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Ignorance is no excuse...
Ignorance is no excuse... [message #88144] Sun, 14 April 2002 19:28 Go to next message
Tughril Beg
...but I'll use any I can find.

I was trying to install Discoverer Desktop under Win2k server. It prompted me for another orahome so I created one under OraDisc. The installation failed because it 'could not support multiple installations' and demanded to be installed in OraHome81 where my default database is.

Do I have to delete orahome OraDisc ? This is under 8.1.7.
Re: Ignorance is no excuse... [message #88147 is a reply to message #88144] Tue, 16 April 2002 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adil beg
You should install the discoverer in same oracle home. It will add files to the bin directory and update your registry. I didnt have problem doing so.
Good Luck,
Re: Ignorance is no excuse... [message #88150 is a reply to message #88147] Tue, 16 April 2002 20:00 Go to previous message
Tughril Beg
Thank you very much for your response.

Do you mean I have to install Discoverer 4 in OraHome81 where my database is ? When I installed Forms and Reports I had to create separate OraHomes for each of them.

Thanks
Previous Topic: problem in srw.do_sql
Next Topic: URGENT PL/SQL functions in SQL select statement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:00:41 CDT 2024