Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Report printing a blank page
Report printing a blank page [message #88182] Fri, 26 April 2002 10:27 Go to next message
KK
Hi all,

I have a report that has a main section and a trailer section (or footer page) that prints as the last page of the report. I have some calculations in this trailer section.

If the report returns no data then a message is displayed "No Data Found" in the main section with the headings displayed. This works fine.

The problem is with the trailer section. I have a format trigger that will prevent anything from printing in the trailer section if no data is returned but the problem is that it will still print a blank page. How can I prevent this blank page from printing. If there is no data found then I only want one page to print.

Any suggestions would be helpful!! Thanks for the help!!
Re: Report printing a blank page [message #88483 is a reply to message #88182] Mon, 30 September 2002 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gurmukh
hi,

i got ur mail id from net.we were facing a problem in oracle report.we want the display of a heading to be displayed only when that repeating frame returns some value.what is happening is repeating frame displays value for 5 pages only but its heading is displayed on all pages.how can this display be controlled.

and how can we give "no data found" if repeating frame returns no data.this can be of great help.

i have got 2 books but neither of them discusses this.can u suggest me any book where i can find content about reports or any link to read from net.

thanks & bye.
Gurmukh.
restrict heading display/no data found [message #88484 is a reply to message #88182] Mon, 30 September 2002 22:27 Go to previous message
gurmukh
hi,

i got ur mail id from net.we were facing a problem in oracle report.we want the display of a heading to be displayed only when that repeating frame returns some value.what is happening is repeating frame displays value for 5 pages only but its heading is displayed on all pages.how can this display be controlled.

and how can we give "no data found" if repeating frame returns no data.this can be of great help.

i have got 2 books but neither of them discusses this.can u suggest me any book where i can find content about reports or any link to read from net.

thanks & bye.
Gurmukh.
Previous Topic: How to send Images via Oracle Reports
Next Topic: DOES ANYONE EVER GET ANY HELP FROM THIS BOARD???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:01:03 CDT 2024