Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Blank Spaces of Hidden Columns in Reports
Blank Spaces of Hidden Columns in Reports [message #88540] Wed, 06 November 2002 22:27 Go to next message
Sethunath
I would like to make a dynamic report whcih asks for
specific coulmns to select in a report and after the selection of the selected columns only those coloumns should be displayed in the report. I tried format trigger by putting flags but the problem is the columns which I set to false are displayed as blank spaces. How to spaces of hidden columns in the report?
Eg : Query contains select Emp_no, Name, Category, Basic, Passport_no .
Report should ask for coloumn names and options to select. If I select Emp_no and Passport_No, only those fields should be displayed and that also as

Emp_no Passport No
----------------------
3134 2682549

PLEASE NOTE THAT HIDDEN COLUMNS' SPACES ARE NOT SHOWN IN THE REPORT.
I tried by Anchoring the fields as well. But it's of not much help. Then they will show up in a ZIG ZAG manner.
Will appreciate if it's answered quickly. I did not get any answer from the ODTUG as well.

Thanks in advance

Sethunath. U
Re: Blank Spaces of Hidden Columns in Reports [message #88541 is a reply to message #88540] Wed, 06 November 2002 23:51 Go to previous message
Ravi
Hi Sethu,

The problem which you are facing with dynamic report i.e dynamic hidding of columns..
for that solution is Anchoring. Through anchoring only you can solve your problem i think you are doing some simple mistake that's why you are getting output in a ZIG ZAG manner.

Anyhow i am sending you one sample Rdf file on your mailid i.e(sethu@hadihammam.com).

In that sample Rdf file i am using Emp table and only four columns i.e. EMPNO, ENAME, JOB, HIREDATE.....

You can see in my rdf file i created four User Parameters i.e.P_EMPNO, P_ENAME,P_JOB, P_HIREDATE.....

When you generate this report, in the Report Parameters the default value is 1, now whatever the colum you want in those parameters you pass 1 and in the rest of the parameters you can pass 0.

Try this and find out what is the difference in my Rdf file and yours and i am sure you are going to learn soemthing new.

All the best.....................

Regards,
Ravi
Previous Topic: Spacing between Group Breaks
Next Topic: Buggy Report Builder in 9i DS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:11:56 CDT 2024