Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Urgent -Group Above Report
Urgent -Group Above Report [message #88918] Fri, 13 June 2003 09:55 Go to next message
Riaz Ahmad Sukhera
Hi,

I am facing problem in Group Above report this can be said in the schema of Scott as follows.

I have developed group above report on Dept,Emp tables. It is showing all the data but the deptno =40 is not showing. The query used is

select * from emp,dept
where dept.deptno=emp.deptno(+)

There I have also used formula column to calculate total salary for each department in front of each department. I case of dept no =40 it is also showing blank
Re: Urgent -Group Above Report [message #88948 is a reply to message #88918] Thu, 03 July 2003 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gwen Dandridge
Without looking at the data, it is hard to say what is going on.

The first thing I would do is list the names of the fields (or at least a couple) to see what is missing.

I would consider adding the NVL command to the formula calculation nvl(formula_calc,0) just in case that is causing the problem.

Gwen
Re: Urgent -Group Above Report [message #88963 is a reply to message #88918] Wed, 09 July 2003 05:59 Go to previous message
sujit
hi,
try by having anather union which contains,

select a.ename name, a.sal salary, a.deptno dept,b.dname dept_name from emp a, dept b
where a.deptno = b.deptno
union
select ' ' name, 0 salary, b.deptno dept, b.dname dept_name
from dept b
where deptNO not in (select distinct deptno from emp)
/
Previous Topic: HELP ME PLEASE WITH REPORT PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!
Next Topic: Format NUMBER field to display $9,999,999.00 in Reports 9i using JSP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:20:12 CDT 2024