Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Passing Multiple Parameters
Passing Multiple Parameters [message #89152] Fri, 17 October 2003 07:41 Go to next message
Andrew Ford
Passing Multiple Parameters

I was wondering whether it was possible to pass multiple parameters at reports runtime. I have tried the following in my main driving query :

WHERE tab1.col1 IN (:p_string)

and when you run the report you supply a comma separated list of values to be used in the query eg. P_STRING : val1, val2, val3, etc. This doesn't work as no records are shown int the report. However you don't get an error message.

Is there a simple way of doing this?
Re: Passing Multiple Parameters [message #89607 is a reply to message #89152] Thu, 03 June 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
subhasish
Could anyone able to solve the above said problem.
Thanks in advance
Re: Passing Multiple Parameters [message #89611 is a reply to message #89152] Thu, 03 June 2004 06:31 Go to previous message
subhasish
one way to do is saving the multiple selection in temp table and then using the ur query as
WHERE tab1.col1 IN (select temp_table.temp_col from temp_table) .
At form level the selected fields are saved and while on exit should be deleted.Though it works it is not good for multiuser system.
Let me know if U found a better solution.

With rgds
Subhasish
Previous Topic: Horizontal Page Break?
Next Topic: Oracle Discoverer error message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 14:43:50 CDT 2024