Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to print Report Directly From Forms 6i
How to print Report Directly From Forms 6i [message #89359] Mon, 23 February 2004 06:09 Go to next message
Salman Khan
Hello All

Please Help me to Print Report From Forms 6i.
 My Question is How to Print a report directly from Forms 6i, I dont want to see the report Previewer
 I want my report to be print directly like I have screen for Cashier from this screen cashier will enter the Items
 and save it whenever he saves the Invoice I want to print the invoice Directly and I have some paramenter like
 Invoice No....  Thanks ...
Re: How to print Report Directly From Forms 6i [message #89387 is a reply to message #89359] Sun, 07 March 2004 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fanni
hi salman

Its dam easy
just set the "desttype" parameter in the report under the head of SYSTEM PARAMETERS

DEFAULT IS SCREEN CHANGE IT TO PRINTER.

IT WILL SOLVE UR PROBLEM
May God Bless You and increase your knowledge

REGARDS
FARHAN
Re: How to print Report Directly From Forms 6i [message #89388 is a reply to message #89387] Mon, 08 March 2004 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Salman Khan
Hello Farhan

Thanks very much, anyway this was i come to know but anyhow I have to be thankful of you because I asked the solution of this problem when I was Unknown from this solution.... Once again thanks

Farhan
Re: How to print Report Directly From Forms 6i [message #89407 is a reply to message #89388] Wed, 17 March 2004 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lion Van
Hi salman,

A professional oracle report tool name repexpert may help you. This tool is a client print tool. Please access http://www.lv2000.com/ for details.

Some information about repexpert.

RepExpert is a print tool for oracle report in htmlcss or html format.
If you print report (in htmlcss format) using ORARRP or browser such as Internet Explorer, please spend a few minutes to get to know a professional print tool, Repexpert.

1) Repexpert runs on client site, it can control some printing setting such as paper size.
>> You can change RDF file, specify the paper size for the report, assign a printer as default printer.
Your clients do not need to choose paper size at all. In fact, many end
users are not skilled enough to choose exact paper size.
>> Repexpert (Ver 1.2.8 or higher) can remember your appreciate printer and paper size for every report in htmlcss format.
Your clients do not need to choose printer and paper size time and time again.
>> If you print with IE, you have to setup margins each time, sometimes your setting may not take effect.
Using repexpert, your clients do not need to setup margins time and time again.
>> Repexpert can output report to printer directly without display, just like ORARRP.

2) You can call repexpert use web.show_document.
If you call web.show_document, repexpert will catch this event, if it
'think' the URL is linked to a file generated by report server, It will download the file and open it.(DEMO)
Note: This feature may not work properly on windows 2003.

3) Advanced features.
>> Repexpert can open very large report even includes 2,000,000 pages.
>> Repexpert can split report output into pages, your client can print determinate page exactly.
>> Repexpert can remove blank page, it can also remove blank area in bottom of each page.
>>Repexpert(Pro) can convert html to ms-excel format. (Note: Repexpert lite do not support this feature)

Limitations
>> You should install repexpert on every workstation.
Repexpert (Ver 1.2.6 or higher) support self-update. it will download upgrade patch from www.lv2000.com.
You can also deploy upgrade patch in your local network, thus your clients do not need to access internet.

If you print HTMLCSS format report, RepExpert will do better than IE and orarrp!
You can call RepExpert from oracle forms from web. [message #89408 is a reply to message #89359] Wed, 17 March 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lion Van
You can call repexpert use web.show_document.
If you call web.show_document, repexpert will catch this event, if it
'think' the URL is linked to a file generated by report server, It will download the file and open it.(DEMO:http://www.lv2000.com/demos/repexpert_demo2.htm)
Note: This feature may not work properly on windows 2003.

RepExpert can output report to printer without display.
Re: How to print Report Directly From Forms 9i [message #89511 is a reply to message #89359] Tue, 27 April 2004 05:29 Go to previous message
osama abu-nawas
please notify me about using WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT to run report from my FORM
Previous Topic: Converting RPT programs
Next Topic: Repating frame-to repeat column headings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:38:38 CDT 2024